BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 9, 2010

WORLD CUP WEEKEND!!!!!

It's the weekend we have all been waiting for. And by all, I mean a few million Americans, the rest of the world and me. IT'S WORLD CUP CHAMPIONSHIP WEEKEND!!!!!

Saturday, we get our fix with the 3rd Place game between Germany & Uruguay. I personally see Germany winning this, especially with The Germans many 3rd Place finishes in the Cup in previous years, but I am not so confident to count out Uruguay due to their stingy defense & Diego Forlan.

Then, Sunday, we get the Main Attraction. The Netherlands vs Spain. Paul, the soccer predicting octopus, has only been wrong once (Germany vs Spain 2008) so he has about a 90-95% accuracy rate. He picked The Spanish to win it all. I can't disagree. They tore apart The Germans who appeared to have the best TEAM in the Cup.

I expect it to be a highly contested game & the only result that would surprise me would be a blowout. This one should go down to the wire. But what do I know?

All I do really know is I am glad I picked both in my World Cup bracket, which I won already by picking both teams to make the finals, so I can sit back, relax, & watch the beautiful game played between two of the top 4 ranked teams in the world (Dutch #4, Spain #2).

But I did pick Spain 3-1 in my bracket. So I'll stick w/ that since I've done so well with all my other picks. But realistically I'd say 2-1 Spain.

0 comments: