BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sports Review

Atlanta Braves- My Braves finished the 1st half of the season up 4 games in the NL East. We sent 5 players to the All Star game w/ Tim Hudson, Jason Heyward (didn't play), Omar Infante, Martin Prado, & Brian McCann, who hit the 3 run double that won the All Star game for the National League for the first time in 14 years.

The fun didn't end there. The Braves then they traded Yunel Escobar for Alex Gonzalez, who is having a more productive season at the plate.

I will settle for nothing less than making the playoffs & would love Bobby Cox to get a championship in his last year as our coach.

World Cup- Spain, the favorites before the cup started, won their first World Cup against The Netherlands in what can only be described as a battle of attrition that was hard to watch at times. 14 fouls. No goals in regulation. Spain scored the lone goal after a Dutch player was taken off due to a red card.

UFC- I am hoping to get tickets for UFC Fight Night 22 in Austin, TX on September 15th. Alan Belcher (one of my favorite fighters), a middleweight from Biloxi, MS, is fighting Demian Maia in a fight in which a win would send him to the upper echelon of the middleweight division. Not only am I am fan of Belcher's, but I am a HUGE UFC fan & going to my first live UFC event would be something I would never forget. I will update when I learn more.

0 comments: